Here's a recipe for my go-to omelette - this time of year it features some of the first veggies coming up in the garden!
(Serves 4 people)
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic Powder (optional)
- Fresh Asparagus 3-4 spears chopped (optional)
- Young garlic or onion chopped (optional)
- Fresh Spinach chopped (optional)
- Fresh Chives for garnish (optional)
- oil and butter for pan
1. Start your onions and asparagus frying on medium heat till softened.
2. Preheat low - medium pan with oil and butter. Whisk your eggs with milk and spices.
3. Add to your pan and lightly move eggs around pan with your spatula - almost like making scrambled eggs. When eggs are set in pan add your fillings of choice (be creative with what you like) - try not to overfill.
4. Gently work the eggs into a fold using your spatula doing the best you can - don't worry if it's not perfect!
5. Move to a plate - add chives as garnish (if desired) and enjoy!